In 1898, Philadelphia Entrepreneur Howard Reifsnyder purchased the Greenwood Mansion and used it as a summer home for his family. He did extensive remodeling on the mansion, including adding the Ballroom in 1910. The Reifsnyders sold the property to Mollie Woods Hare in 1921.
In 1913, Mollie Woods, a Philadelphia school teacher, using $175 in saved dimes, opened the Woods School for exceptional children in a farmhouse in Roslyn, PA. By the end of the year, she had 25 students enrolled. In 1921 the school was moved to Langhorne, Pa after Mollie Woods Hare and husband John Ridgeway Hare purchased Greenwood Mansion, which became the Woods School for Handicapped Children and Adults.
In 1999 entrepreneur Paul Manes purchased the Mansion, and with a five year restoration, transformed the property back to its former grandeur.